<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Last night, I wrote to an old flame. I dont know why really. I hope it doesn't turn out to be a destructive or problematic move. I see no reason why it should, its just that I'm not sure if it's fair on the other person, especially if you had dumped them somewhat unceremoniously.
spent ages writting the email, and it still reads ok today, here's what I wrote,

...
glad you answered my e-mail, not sure that you would, and would't of blamed you if you hadn't. Funny how quick time passes really. You gave me some brilliant memories, like tearing about in that bloody dinghy, and driving through the alps to Torino, and New York and all your fancy pads.... I didn't know it then, but in many ways it was the time of my life, and I do thank you for that.
After leaving college I just kind of abandoned any hope or desire to work in the film industry and got into environmental politics, initially going to protest sites to photograph them, but soon realising I had to step out from behind the camera and actually take part in the spectacle, to be fully, in the moment. This resulted in living up trees and organising roadblocking street parties, and that sort of madness, and generally having a brilliant time until I got arrested enough times that I had to re-consider everything, and just calm down and stop before things went too far. Its so wierd that your graduation film was saving the planet, when I actually spent the next decade trying to do it in my own strange way. I often wonder what happened to Dimitrius because he was so funny and cool. Actually re watched the film a few years ago and was stricken aghast by my abysmal acting skills more than any other thing *insert approprate smiley*, but, what an intense and crazy time that was?! Full of extrordinary interiors and landscapes as backdrops to our drama. The only really bad thing that came out of that time for me is my attatchment for smoking dope, which I've been trying to shake off for bloody years now, I hope you are free of it. And that I didn't hurt you for too long or much. It was very nice when you sent those flowers to my graduation show, I should of thanked you.
Anyways, nowdays, I love living really quietly with my kids, as befits a woman of my age, and somehow their gift to me is inner strength. I hope you've got some kids.
I spend much of my free time online, posting on this website and blogging, to nominal effect, but I like it. So, I hope this comes across in exactly the right way *insert slightly stoned smiley* and that you didn't mind the time travel. ciao matey, and all the best.

Hmm...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?