<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

The trees are begining to come out!
My estate is being transformed! The change is dramtic. Every morning I get up to a different, more leafy view. Nature works fast, and is so busy now, you can feel the stirring.
I always find this time of year so exciting. Nature is so inspiring even deep within the city.
Over the winter it is easy to forget the gift of privacy that the trees bring especially for us, on our estate.
Seeing the trees like this reminds me of the last days in the third battle of Newbury. The final eviction was King Arthurs ' Camelot. It took place on last last day of March, I think, if not on April fools day itself. All that winter we'd hung around or up trees, but they were of course always bare. Mighty but dormant. And we'd fought for each and everyone of them. There were 768 arrests at Newbury and I too was one who was criminalised there. Trying to save trees.
Anyways, just as Spring had sprung into action, the last tree was felled for that road, and I returned to London and watched all the trees bloom in defiant magnificence , a good deal more closely than I had ever done before.
Trees are great!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?