<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, July 09, 2005

So I'm kind of back. But not properly yet.
And so much has happened. ..is happening.
As a Londoner, it is hard to feel untouched by the events of this week.
Such emense pride and love for my city. Stoic, but shaken. I feel it too. The night of the bombings, I lay in my bed kept awake by the astonishing silence, London was still, worrying and wondering whether to send my two kids to school on the bus the next morning. I sent them of course. I decided that it was the right thing to do. They were Londoners and had to be cool. To carry on regardless. I felt a bit sick though. It wasn't till I read a first hand account on Urban75 that I actually cried.
And after, I couldn't even pinpoint the words in the piece that had triggered me off. I think it was the graphic description of the calmness of people, or something.

Anyway London. I LOVE YOU.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?