<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, November 14, 2005



We went to St Agnes Place today, because we'd heard the eviction was coming soon. No one seemed to know what was going on, but there was a strange, eerie even, atmosphere. It reminded me very much of walking down Claremont road the first time..
I walked up and down the street uselessly, I didn't even feel comfortable taking photos much because, so many people were sitting at windows, mostly behind curtains, checking me out, I guess they were checking out the activities of the two community cops who were strolling down the middle of the street taking down all the vehicle numbers actually.
I wonder how big their resistance will be. Have they got something tucked up their sleeve, or is Lambeth going to brutally slay its last great squat without further opposition.
It's the Rasta headquaters ffs.
Bob Marley was there.
It's just plain wrong. Redevelopment in the area could have lived alongside this heritage site.
This place deserves to be defended.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?