<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, April 27, 2006

I'm desperate for a drink and it's only 3.30 in the afternoon. For the second time this week, I've waited in all afternoon for a gas engineer to come and look at my boiler, then tell me that my problem, no hot water at peak times (mornings/early evenings and all weekends) is due to water pressure and I would just "have to live with it"
WTF??? The man shows not one shred of empathy or sympathy for my dilema, just attempts a long rant about Thames water and their leaking pipes. Look, I'm still paying �6.05 a week water rates, and their responsibility ends on the ground floor...

Surely, there must be something someone can do about it. Well not these council subcontractors, thats for sure, this is the fourth time they've been and this time they sent the surly, and I mean really unnecessarily surly, supervisor.
So I'm phoning Lambeth, trying to speak to my illusive housing officer, but he's on leave (again) and I'm so upset the woman gives me the number for complaints dept, and I ring them.
Well, they take hardly any details at all, and tell me they will respond within 15 days.
I wonder how long I will have to put up with this, or if I really will have to live with it.
I feel exasperated. Being a Lambeth council tenant really sucks sometimes, I mean I've learnt to live up 42 stairs with no lift or balcony, heaving buggy, baby, heavy shopping up and down all these stairs , I take my kiddies to the park with the horrible fighting staffi dogs and their owners, who encourage the dogs to leap and gnaw all the bark from the trees and the rubber from the seats of the swings, and the resident pissheads (who are ok really) and I've learn't how to dry my washing in winter, though not in summer, but I really dont think I can stand living without hot water at the times I need it most...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?