<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Yesterday I had to sit in a room full of teenagers and take a 5 page maths entry 'assesment' or TEST as they should have called it, to see if I can take the GCSE maths at Lambeth college. Well the first two pages were fine, but half way through the alloted forty minutes, just as I was begining to get horribly stuck, one by one the youngsters began leaving. Smiling, Yes, they had double checked everything, they chirpily replied to the examiners. I was mortified. My eyes stung, holding back the hot tears of humiliation, as soon I simply wasn't even able to continue. It might as well have been rocket science.
Before leaving, I had to show them my pile of useless, mainly media related, exam certificates, the only thing giving reason for them to comment was the grade 4 CSE maths taken back in 1981. 'Not very good....' he said.
My cheeks were burning.
I left thinking I'd proberbly not even be accepted on the course. Something I'd previously not even considered.
I walked all the way home from Clapham in the spring sunshine, my head spinning with what a fuck-up my life is.

Comments:
just keep trying, keep practising, do maths exercises - whatever it takes - you were really brave in going for this test - now carry on, cos you're not a quitter! GO!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/learning/subjects/maths.shtml
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?