<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, July 31, 2006

Well now Im faced with a dilemma..
Do I give up on the pleasures of Brixton and move to down troden West Norwood all for the (slightly dubious) benefit of a ground floor and balcony to dry my washing, or grow the odd plant??? The estate itself is a bit dismal. I'd be vunerable to burglars, the kitchen's smaller, you need a parking permit to park, I'd be in fecking norwood ffs, and the shops are poor, there's few amenities and no parks that I can see...it's outside the south circular andI'd have an 0181 phone number, I'd be loosing my view of Londons' skyline, no more watching Kens' Newyear fireworks from the kitchen window, there's less light, a lot less....
And yet I came back here expecting to be overwhelmed with a sense of love for this place, and despite it still looking all spick and span from the weekend, I still didn't feel anyoverwhelming attatchment to the actual flat. It's the area I love. The whole annoying stupid estate. I love it. And people know me here, I feel like I belong...I'd miss Myatts field and Minet road library...

Comments:
well i only know tulse hill, but you'll do fine i'm sure....

i've moved to canada, and it's miles away from brixton!

best wishes

x
 
Hey!
Thanks for that, and the lovley positive comment you left a while back.
The very best of luck to and your family in Canada. I hope you do really well, and are very happy.
Best wishes.
X
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?