<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, September 26, 2006



I had a lovley time at the Stokefest in Clissold park last Sunday, surrounded by excellent music and some lovely old friends...
Found it difficult to move from the Sunday Revelator stage, which was consistantly brilliant all day, serving up rockabilly/punk/surf/rockin' sounds, One great band after another; Blood Safari, The Rosinators, the Fabulous Penetrators, Bikini Beach band, and loads more, which mean't I missed loads of other stuff going on, and chatting to many of my old squat party mates who were all hanging around the Bassline circus tent, which I found just too heavy, serious, and downbeat a vibe for me, for some reason....maybe it's my great age or something, but the energetic and exciting sounds resonating from revelator were much more my cup of tea...They were uplifting. Whoever Charlie Hangdog is, he can sure put on a good show, and I'd love to meet him.
Plus I have always loved a good quiff, and there were plenty of fine dandies on display. It's always easy to wish retrospectively that I hadn't been so drunk in charge of a camera, but there you go...
Ah well, the last festival of the season, and the sun shone all day. It's a damn shame to have to wait till next June until I can get drunk listening to great music in a field again...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?