<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, October 23, 2006

Had an interesting afternoon at the bookfair on Saturday. Saw so many old friends and comrades. The place was absolutely heaving, and I couldn't help but wonder why the movement is in such a sorry state when there are so many good people about...
The only things I bought was a copy of Class War, mainly because I wanted the very funny dartboard that was in the centre spread, some stickers that said things like 'There is no God' & 'Religion:dont buy this shit' and a rather dear booklet, 'When the G8 came to my town' which made me laugh when I'd skimmed through it.
I also was handed various fliers and stuff...the most readable and interesting of which was 'Resistance' the Anarchist Federation bulletin, which had a suprisingly enthusiastic and sympathetic write-up on Climate Camp and the Drax action. Read it online here
Then I made my way to the pub, not really expecting to find anyone in there I knew, but of course, the reality was very different, and spent a few happy hours hanging out with the old crowd.
I've been feeling a little weird since, not least because I was actually thrown out of the Peoples' Republic of Disco on the way home, I didn't think I was drunk at all, so it perplexed me, but more because it always does my head in to hang out with a bunch activists for some reason..
Perhaps I really was, just too drunk...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?