<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

This was my entry to the world's biggest blog: One day in history
I wrote it in such a hurry 'cos I'm running late for Maths, but thought I'd save it here quickly....

Today Lambeth council phoned me to ask if I really wanted to swap my council flat with the lady in West Norwood. I burst into tears after the phone call, because with all my heart I wish that the swap offered a better deal for me than it does.
I love the Brixton estate I live on, and do not want to leave the community I have become a part of over the last 15 years, and yet living on the third floor without a lift, or a balcony, with three children, has driven me to seek a swap. Unfortunately the only person willing to take on my flat, has a noisy flat, smaller than my own, in West Norwood, but at least it does have a tiny balcony, and I long so much to have somewhere to dry my washing, and grow a few plants (though they'd have to be shade loving because of course the balcony is north facing.
Anyway my dilemma will be over tommorow, because I have to make my final decision by then. My boyfriend wants me to go, and is pressuring me to do so, because he thinks it will be better for our small son, and me, I just don't know. I don't want to leave this central location, all the people I know on the street that make my day happy when they say hello...but I feel I must go because lord alone knows when, or if, I'll ever get another offer.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?