<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, November 09, 2006


Well I've done it! I've finally completed the form and sent it off. I can't change anything on it now, so in a way, I am free of it. A strange stinging bubble thing has erupted on the corner of my lips, and I feel totally drained.
Weird timing, but the woman who wants to swap flats with me phoned yesterday, followed by a call from her housing officer this afternoon. It appears I willl have to move before Christmas. I was hoping it would be delayed until the new year, or perhaps even forever, but for sure I have been over this many times now and always decided to go for it, reluctantly, and after much agonising.
So with not a single day off to be worry free, I must now turn my thoughts to moving flats. The practicalities of which seem mindboggling. I'm a long way off the old squatting days when I'd move every three months, and just pop my belongings into one box and two binbags and struggle down to the communal van with my futon mattress.
Nowdays it's going to have to be like some military manouver or something. This place is jammed with stuff, and there's the three flights. Getting out of here'll be hard. Then there's all the letter writing, and bill changing, official crap, that I could well do without. I really hope it's all worth it.

Comments:
Thanks for that. It's good to hear positive stories. I'd be interested to know more about your swap. The reasons for the swap, what councils and so on... I'm so scared there's some secret reason this woman wants out of her flat and that my peaceful happy life will be disturbed so unnecessarily.
I guess I just won't find out until I'm there, and it will be too late to do anything about it, but it's very re-assuring to hear positive tales like your own.
 
Cheers for replying, and I'm glad it worked out well for you.
I think if I was getting an extra room, I wouldn't have such a dilemma. As it is, I'll be moving into a slightly smaller space..
Anyways, nothing's hapening at the moment. Lambeth seem to be sitting on it. I'm hoping not to move till after Christmas now.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?