<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, March 09, 2007

well, my first exam in about 25 years went reasonably smoothly, I'm glad to report.
It was well weird though , the pre-exam nerves, no sleep, butterflies, sticky palms the lot, and of course what with it being Lambeth and all, the inevitable pre exam chaos with them not having enough tables and actually drilling the holes to fix up the clock 10mins after our exam was due to start...
It feels great to have it out of the way, like I've really broke the back of this maths. Of course it's algebra next module, so it's not exactly going to be plain sailing, but at least 40% is under my belt.

I think this has left a little space in my brain to start worrying how the feck am I going to manage financially next year. Things are not looking good. Yesterday I spent an hour on the phone to various government agencies, all with varying versions of 'you're gonna get nothing, you're on your own'
Arghhh!!! At one point I was told to phone some lone parent adviser, who actually siad they weren't able to give out advice, only information packs, some "adviser" eh?
Finally I followed the lead to the tax office, where I was told I might be able to claim tax credits for the kids... Lord knows how exactly this will work though...
Kind of scary times.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?