<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Apologies for not posting for such a while...
Lots been happening but too busy trying to revise to come here, plus BLogger have somehow made it infuriatingly complicated to sign in ....
So urm...I got burgled, which was pants, mainly because they came through the ceiling SAS stylee, and now I've a battle on my hands trying to get Lambeth council to fix it up to it's former glory.
It was unsettleing too, 'cos I always used to boast that we were invicible here, it would have to be Spiderman himself to get in this flat, but alas, this is so not true.
As the old squatters adage goes; there's always a way in...

After the burglary, and weirdly enough a gas leak that resulted in me having no cooking/heating for 2days, I thought feck it, I feel like an all night Squat party and happily Reclaim the Future event was on, and fate decided I should go somehow, because it was all so easy getting there and everything....
I was glad I did go because all the oldschool (with the exception of those now living out of London) were in attendence, and it was a proper gathering. Sadly though bad door management, despite the impressive sortedness of the buiilding, resulted in the party finishing very early. OK. So the cops did have a hand in it, getting all stupid outside, batons out, closing down the road for some hours...
I tried, and failed miserably, to advise on a sensible door policy. I found that all my powers had gone. And indeed those of my brethren.
Ah well, nobody knows us now...
I still proceeded to have a fun time chatting with all I encountered. It was a most friendly crowd. I couldn't help but feel bad afterwards though, that something bearing the "Reclaim" name, couldn't even manage to hold a proper squat party in a building these days...What hope for anything bolder, say outside or in the streets?

So now I'm busy revising for my LSBU science test in just two weeks time with my son, the walking text book. He tests me, but I know it has to be helping him, becuase he's revising for his GCSEs too, and it does bring us closer, which is really lovely.
Life is good, but for some stupid reason, I now ache to go to another squat party again soon.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?